When many people think of branding, what comes to mind is a company’s logo and perhaps their tagline. That’s certainly part of it, but it’s not the whole picture, by any means.
Your brand encompasses the values that define you, your unique story, your personality, and many other factors. In fact, the way that others perceive your brand is influenced by everything you do!Being clear about who you are and what makes your business unique will help you to make strong connections and build lasting relationships with ideal clients and prospects.Click To Tweet
Understanding this is key, whether you’re a one-person operation or the head of a large organization. To learn why it’s so important, watch this TED Talk by Simon Sinek. I’m usually not a fan of videos, because I can read so much more quickly than it takes them to make their point, but this is definitely a good one.
Your “why” is yours alone, and no one else has the exact same one. More importantly, there’s no right or wrong “why.”
In order to define your brand, you need to know what drives you. Once you do, every decision becomes easier!
I highly recommend trying out The WHY Generator, a free five-minute assessment to help you analyze your core motivation and driving force. Opt-in is required, but if you’d rather not share your email address, here are a few things you can reflect on instead.
- If money and time were of no concern, what would you do with your days?
- Looking back at the past year, what events or accomplishments made your heart light up?
- If you lost everything tomorrow, what would you miss the most?
- If you could trade lives with anyone, who would it be and why?
As you consider your answers to the above questions, think about how they align to what you do in your business, and how that ties into your brand.
Once you’re clear on your brand, you’ll want to shout it out to the world!
Image of woman lighting stars © Sergey Nivens / Depositphotos. Peacock photo by pixel2013 / Pixabay.
Latest posts by Janet (see all)
- How to attract the best website traffic - September 13, 2018
- How to improve your business and make life easier - August 30, 2018
- 10 Simple Ways to Get the Most Mileage from Your Content - August 2, 2018