Summer’s right around the corner! How will it affect your business?
For many, business slows down during the summer months. This can happen if many of your clients are busy with their kids while they’re out of school, dealing with staff vacations, or away on vacation themselves.
Instead of seeing this as a problem, why not take advantage of your lighter schedule and catch up on the marketing tasks you never seem to have time for?
Here are 15 ways to make the most of the downtime and maximize your marketing. I’m sure you can come up with even more!
- Review your marketing plan and evaluate how well you are doing.
- Check your website for broken links.
- Write and schedule a series of blog posts.
- Try a new marketing technique, such as live video.
- Prepare a series of emails that you can send out to your list over the next few months.
- Update your website content to include new products, services, credentials, or other information that may be missing.
- Review and refresh your social media profiles.
- Set up Google Analytics on your website and familiarize yourself with the data that’s available to you.
- Reconnect with past clients.
- Check out a new networking group. Attendance tends to be lighter in the summer, so you might find it easier if you’re not comfortable in crowds.
- Research organizations and events for potential speaking opportunities.
- Create a Facebook ad.
- Develop a system for tracking leads and following up with prospective clients.
- Get a new headshot.
- Look for ways to maintain your marketing momentum when business picks up.
Just don’t forget what they say about all work and no play! You’ll be busy again before you know it, so be sure to take some time off, whether it’s for a week or more, or just a few hours here and there. If you’re worried about losing business by not answering phone calls or emails while you’re off, here’s something I wrote about vacations a few years ago.
A good vacation will allow you to help your clients and run your business with more energy and enthusiasm – bringing you even greater success in the future.
Latest posts by Janet (see all)
- A Website Redesign for Basic Organization - February 14, 2019
- An easy new way to create blog and social media graphics [app review] - January 31, 2019
- Planning for Your Best Year Ever - December 13, 2018