Will 2024 be your year to shine?
This page may contain links to Amazon.com or other sites from which I may receive commission on purchases you make after clicking on such links. Read my full Disclosure Policy
We’re already a couple of weeks into the new year – how’s it going so far? Have you kept all your New Year’s Resolutions?
Even if you don’t make resolutions, setting goals and creating a plan to achieve them definitely gives you a sense of direction.
My own process is fairly simple these days, consisting of three steps.
- Review my goals for the previous year and evaluate how I made out with each one. Sometimes I download Year Compass, but usually I use pen and paper.
- For every important piece of my life, ask myself if I want more, less, or the same.
- Use this information to create goals and choose my “one word” for the new year.
2023 in Recap
Last year, I chose the word CONNECTING, and described how I’d apply it to three specific areas of my life. You can read about them in 2023, I’m ready for you!
Here’s how I made out:
- I’m happy with the amount and quality of time I’ve spent in both my business and my personal life.
- I’ve used my own photos on my blogs when possible but haven’t often had something that fit. Keeping upcoming blog topics in mind may help when I’m looking for photo ideas. In the meantime, I’ve used two of my photos in this post.
- I didn’t focus on growing my network of service providers but was able to connect my clients with existing contacts whenever a need arose.
My enjoyment of all of that was dampened by watching my beloved dog, Carly, grow old and eventually saying goodbye.
What’s next for me?
My word for 2024 is SIMPLICITY.
I still love my work, but I’ll continue fine-tuning my tasks and activities to make the most of my personal and work time. My mission is to deliver the best possible service to my Website Care Plan clients, whether they’ve been with me for 10+ years or are working with me for the first time.
I’m in the process of redesigning my own website so it better reflects who I am as a businesswoman and a person. I think you’ll like it!
What’s next for you?
If you have business or personal goals that you’re comfortable sharing, feel free to post them in the Comments. We usually feel more accountable to get things done when we share them with someone else!
I eliminate stress for my clients by hosting, monitoring, and maintaining their WordPress sites so they don’t have to worry about security, downtime or performance issues. When I’m away from my desk, I enjoy reading, photography, cooking, watching movies, drinking tea, and spending time with my family.