I recently had the pleasure of helping Keith with his online presence. He had created a website for his vacation rental property, but it wasn’t generating as much business as he wanted.
The first step was to give the site more visual appeal, to capture visitors’ attention quickly and make it more memorable. Enhancements included:
- A logo, for a more distinctive brand.
- A more colorful design. I suggested green, because its association with balance, harmony, and nature would tap into the emotions of his audience.
- Larger photos, featuring the properties rather than the surrounding area, for a more up-to-date look and feel.
Although Keith was open to a new WordPress theme, I was able to make these changes within his existing theme, keeping project costs down.“Whether a website appeals to us affects how we perceive it, how we use it, and how we remember it.” ~ Robyn CollingeClick To Tweet
Readability and Engagement
On my advice, Keith removed outdated information and improved the site navigation for better usability.
I introduced him to a professional copywriter, who re-wrote the site content to be more compelling. This includes a brand new About page, so potential customers can get to know the person they will be renting from.
Keith said, “Thank you so much. You did a great job and I am sure the effort will pay off for us.”
Future Marketing Plans
Work has already begun on some new marketing initiatives to help Keith stay in front of customers and prospects during the off-season. Because when it comes to online marketing, you have to:
- Get people on your site.
- Keep them on your site.
- Keep them coming back!
It’s going to be hot once the word gets out, so if you’re looking to rent a cottage on Lake Huron, be sure to check out HuronBeaches.ca!
Are you thinking about a website makeover or a brand new website? Let’s talk soon!
Latest posts by Janet (see all)
- How to manage the flow of traffic on your website - October 11, 2018
- Fabulous free and inexpensive photos for your blog - September 27, 2018
- How to attract the best website traffic - September 13, 2018