10 Ten-Minute Tasks to Keep Your Website in Top Shape
When you have a website, there’s always something that needs to be done. You may not have a solid chunk of time to devote to website tasks, but that’s no reason to just let things go.
Here are 10 website tasks you can do in ten minutes or less to keep it current and running well.
- Review one of your key pages and make sure the information is up to date. Make a list of any changes you should consider.
- Look at one of your older blog posts and decide whether it needs to be updated or improved in some other way.
- Run a broken link check and fix three broken links.
- Schedule a few social media posts promoting some of your less recent but still relevant content.
- Run your site through Google PageSpeed Insights and learn how you can make it load more quickly.
- Make sure your theme, plugins, and WordPress installation are up to date. If they aren’t, schedule a time to look after them.
- Find out whether your blog is well-organized by taking my blog navigation quiz.
- Check your list of authorized users and remove any that no longer need access to your site.
- Send an email inviting someone to write a guest post for your blog.
- Consider how much time and stress you’d save if you had a Website Care Plan.
I hope you find this post helpful! I wrote it as my contribution to this month’s Productivity & Organizing Blog Carnival, a pet project of mine since 2009. Be sure to check out the many submissions I received from my readers!
If you have a blog, consider participating in a future edition. It’s not just for organizing and productivity pros!
Photo by ufabizphoto / DepositPhotos